Any experience with non-OE body parts (tailgate, 2010 Silverado)

Discussion in 'GM Duramax 6.6 (LLY)' started by CrazyDriver75, Jan 19, 2017.

1. CrazyDriver75

CrazyDriver75 New Member

Hi folks,
    I have got a 2010 Silverado truck, 6.6 L Duramax V8. I bought it used, and now have to fix some things about it. First part that will be replaced is its ugly rusty tailgate. As this really spoils the overall looks. I was wondering, if any of you guys tried installing a non-OE tailgate? As I am looking at a shell online, it comes with no hardware but that's ok, as I am planning to use mine. I never had any aftermarket body parts on any of my vehicles so far, but I like the prices. And am sure, that the quality will be way better, than something I get from a junk yard.
    So wanted to check with you guys here, what's your experience about such body parts?
    PS - I do not need it painted, as I am planning to finish teh truck with that vynil fake-carbonfiber wrap...

2. CrazyDriver75

CrazyDriver75 New Member

have got an update in regards to my tailgate. After I posted here, I was so inspired to get the ball rolling... so I went ahead and ordered that tailgate - https://www.carid.com/truck-tailgates/ (it is black primed, matte, and my truck is also black, so will not be ugly while waiting for the wrap LOL). Will keep ya guys posted on how it all goes.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  3. Solitaire57

Solitaire57 Member

I've always had good experience with aftermarket parts.

CrazyDriver75 likes this.
  4. CrazyDriver75

CrazyDriver75 New Member

Thanks, man... hope it will work out for me as well. Can't wait to get the tailgate...

5. Solitaire57

Solitaire57 Member

Good luck!

CrazyDriver75 likes this.